Monday, February 18, 2008

My Best Friend


On Saturday marks the nine years ago that James proposed to me. Since the theme that I'm seeing on others blogs is about their husbands as it was Valentine's I feel that it is my turn to share with the blogging world what I love about James. First we have knowen each other since we were 12 not that we hung out but I always knew that he was around case closed. When we were 18 we both started going to the young singles branch, he was the guy who always stood along the wall and listened to all us girls talk before church started. he was anice guy but I always that he was a guy of few words, since he never talked to us just put his two cents in here and there. Then came the mission, he went to madagascar not bad, he had written my brother and I a letter and I thought well I guess I can write him a letter back. Well we ended up writing each other a couple letters. Two years for me went by quick I was living in Lethbridge having a wonderful party life. It was coming up on my twenty first birthday and I had a boyfriend just leaving on a mission so I thought I could go on one two, I'd get home and have half a year to earn money waiting for him to come home. So the big move back to Winnipeg was on to get me ready for a mission. I got a good job and started saving, then James came home I was super excited for some crazy reason, I thought he could help me get ready for my mission and we could be friends after all we did write to each other. So here we are hanging out lots and we have lots in common just a little werid right? Well wouldn't you know it I start to like him and not just a little, so I write to Cliff who tells me to go on my mission adn forget about him, I apparently didn't listen. James and I started to see alot of each other and then he told me he didn't want me to go, then he told me he didn't want me to go or he wouldn't wait for me I had to write my dear John letter and then James and I got serious. He was no romantic it took him a month after we started to see each other before he even tried to kiss me in fact I made the first move. He never wanted to be at his house which was a mistake because I never got to know his family. He also never really bought me anything for our first Valentine, it broke my heart and we had one of our first fights. Well two days later we were out shopping he had a meeting with the stake president at 9pm so he needed to get me home so we get in the car to head home and he gave me my ring and told me he needed me in his life for ever. Here we are nine years later, four amazing children, a home business and we are still in love with each other. He treats me like a princess, he surprises me with presents when I least expect it. He does house project after house project when ever I ask him to. He lets me be me and really that is the most important quaility. I love the husband and father that he is and he is truely my best friend. I can tell him anything and he is always helping me to be the best that I can be. I love you James

4 comments:

  1. Awww, sweet post. What a fun little courtship story. I enjoyed learning that about you both. What a sweet guy to bring you gifts when you least expect it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally went back and found your blog.... Thanks! It is so great to see your family growing. I just started my own, check it out. fivetulips.blogspot.com. Rosalie

    ReplyDelete