Saturday, February 23, 2008

An enjoyable evening

 
 
Last night was a Ticia night, I signed myself up for another glass block painting this time I painted the butterfly egg nest. I just love doing these. I am slower then molasses as it takes me the whole four hour class to do the painting. Last night's teacher was a new one for me and she was very blunt about what she liked about each of our painting technique and what she thought needed improvement. This was great for me because I want to be a great painter, she thinks you should learn the right way right away and so wouldn't let us be just satisficed with getting it done. I think is my best one so far. I signed up for another painting in March this time on a wine bottle ( don't worry she provides the bottle so there won't be any drinking going on in my house) The dragon block was my first one I did this for the boys room and they love it. They all have holes in the back that you can put lights into, so Greg and Spencer use it as a night light which is pretty cool because Geg doesn't like light and Spencer does. This one gives off a red light so it is a soft glow rather then a bight white light. I am very pleased with my new hobby but James said we are going to have to start budgeting these!! I'm not sure how I feel about this but I do love to paint. So here is to another wonderful class last night. Now all I need is a patner in crime who wants to come and join me........
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. very cool. Nice job! I do NOT have a talent for something as cool as this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dragon... My boys would love that one too! BTW Why does James have against Hockey?

    ReplyDelete