Monday, February 4, 2008

Greg's Baptism

 

 

At last here we have it on Saturday afternoon Greg was baptized. What a great day, what a experience. So many thoughts and emotions ran through my mind as I watched my little boy suddenly not look so little and turn into a little man. For a long time Greg was scared of be being baptized so decided that it wasn't for him. Well after many lessons and a compromise of letting him wear goggles during it he agreed. SO I didn't really want the goggles so after more discussion he was ready without any aids. Wonderful but somehow it was a emotional ordeal for me I couldn't sit down and make all the plans for it, but dragging my heels just left more work for me to do the week of. After all is said and done we are proud parents of an excepional son. He was so high on excitment and told me after that he knew what he did was the right thing and that heavenly father was proud of him. I just feel differnet mom. Well my Greg you are you have a special gift with you now that wasn't there before. He wanted to be baptized again he loved how he felt so much. I sat there and pondered on his life so far what he has become and who he will be when he is grown up. What a awsome responsibility I have as a mother. Just look at Pres. Hinkcley and the man he was and what he was able to do because of his knowledge. I want that same determination for my children to become the greatest people that they can and have the knowledge of who they are and why they are here at this time on earth.
ttfn
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Greg! What a big step. I know that Liza felt the same way when she was baptized. I had a few moments of sheer shock when it set in that that was my husband and child in that water. Sometimes I feel like I live in someone else's life , and I am shocked when I come back and see how big my kids got while I was out managing the day to day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray, way to go Greg!

    Tricia, I know this post is about Greg, but I have to tell you, you look fabulous!! Way to go Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tricia,
    Congrats on your first baptism as a parent. Sorry I couldn't come my daughter was very cranky following the funeral so I didn't think it wise to keep her there to scream throughout the special event.
    You are looking so skinny.Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete