Sunday, February 10, 2008

Life On Arpin Bay

I have been trying to find time a couple times a week and update my blog. I love that it can keep people in touch and serve as my journal aswell. This past weekend can give you a little insight of my life here on Arpin bay. First every single day I have kids running all over my house this one needs that, and that one needs this it can be a little hairy here at times. On Friday I had my least favorite kids here their mom hadn't paid me yet and that always make me a little bit more cranky. So after doing my morning running of kids to and from school,I fed them some lunch cleaned up, put my young kid group to bed(which is various places in my room) and decided that I needed a 30 min breather. My big kids were down stairs playing so nice, great! here was my moment of sanitity. Well up comes this boy(name has been disclosed)hands behind his back, and he says Tricia I need help. I asked if someone said something mean to him which he replys no and then brings his hands from behind his back. You could not see the skin he was COVERED IN POOP!!!! The smell almost through me over as I gagged my heart stopped. I tried to remain calm and said where is the rest of it? He is FIVE by the way. He looks up at me and said my pants!!!! I send him to the bathroom and tell him NOT TO MOVE run downstairs and all the other kids are saying it smells bad down here I ask them where this little boy was playing and they all point I run over don't see anything. Sheepishly go into James office and tell him I need him to come up stairs with me. (He is so good to me) he comes up and we both go into the bathroom, James who is mister calm is not so calm when he see this site. We had to have him rub his hands off in the toilet (where else do you put all that?) he did it not saying a word to us. When he is finish we strip him down gagging as we go. It is down the pant legs in the socks. Yup lucky us so we get him all cleaned up throw his clothes in to bags and put them out the front door his mom and clean all the poop out of them I will not touch anymore then is needed. Then I call his mom because he is in desperate need of a shower and she was just sitting at their house anyway. She comes and takes him and his sibling home. Thank goodness!!! I think it took me all night to get rid of the smell gross!!!! Then that night Greg got to go to the Monster Jam Truck show with a little friend it was his birthday present. I wish I had friends like that so we had a quiet night James and I played a game called Ticket to Ride well we waited for our party animal to come home. Saturday it was bitterly cold Alina had a build a bear birthday party to go to so she got to skip dance. Lucky duck!! We came home from that and rushed Greg to Piano lessons and then cleaned the main floor spotless. It felt great to have a clean house. Then Greg and I got ready for his archery party. I took Alina and Spencer to birthday party #2 for the day at a gym centre. I came home we packed the party favors and food, my parents arrived to babysit and we headed out the door to pick up five of the 12 kids coming to Greg all boy party. It was a blast I highly reccommend this for a boy party they had a blast they teach them how to hold and shoot properly. THe boys all said the party rocked. We came home put our kids to bed and Greg's friend slept over. I was exhusted so barly could keep my eyes open. I would like to say this weekend is extra busy but this is how every weekend is. I finally am at the point in my life where I need Sunday to relax and get the energy to take on the coming week. I LIVE FOR SUNDAYS and we go to church for three hours how crazy that that is a break from life.
ttfn

6 comments:

  1. What a week.... Uhg, that story about the 5 year old!!! Gross, I was gagging just reading about it. SICK, I would have called his mom before removing the pants. If I knew she was home, I'd have given her the whole mess. SICK!! Esp if she owed me $$$!!! What 5 yr old poops his pants. Good luck with this week.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so as I invision myself doing what you did as I read this I find myself quite tired and now I need a nap! AHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, children can do the most insane things. What would possess a five year old to put poop all over his hands??!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should have known better than to read your blog while eating my dinner...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was waiting for the poop to pop back up by the end of your busy weekend! You know like finding a present in the basement closet or something!! I'm sure you would have discovered the aweful smell before too long!! Here's to realizing you have pretty great kids compared to others!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. God bless you for taking care of other people's kids. I get so impatient! I would have had a real hard time- the mom would have been there a lot sooner!

    ReplyDelete