Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I know it werid


I'm not sure if anyone out there has ever loved a missionary serving in their area. Well I am one who get a soft heart towards many!! Well this time is no exception, I have thank goodness never cried when they leave except this last time. We were so lucky to have a young man by the name of Elder Purcell, he was here for six months and had such a strong testimony of the gospel I loved the peace that he left my home in all the time. I loved him so much I feed them every tuesday he came and worked on the house with James over Christmas. He loved my kids and had a way of teaching them the gospel they all loved him. He was the type of missionary that never boosted about how great he was. In fact I knew he was one of my favorites when he told Greg that he was scared of the water until he was 16 years old. What 20 hot shot would have ever said that out loud and in front of his companion? Greg has been the type that has do everything in his own time but with the help of Elder Purcell Greg has had many heart changing experiences. Anyway last night was the last time I got to feed him and I could barely talk and anyone who knows me knows that is hard, very hard. SO when I shook his hand good bye I wanted to leap and hug him but I didn't. I said goodbye and then the water works came. So here is to a missionary who entered into the hearts of my family. We will miss him lots. I'll find a picture and put it up.
ttfn

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I remember getting that close to missionaries when I was little. I know that my mom felt like you do. Some of them come back you know. :-) good luck.

    ReplyDelete