Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My review of the Mockingjay


Since I moved out west I joined a book club with a great group from church. We go see movies together, go out for dessert together and read lots of books together. Now anyone who knows me well knows that I am one to speak my mind so I always have a lot to say about everything that we read. For September we read The Mockingjay the third book in the Hunger Games. I for one was very upset with how she chose to finish off this series, she had a main charter hiding around and never discovering herself. I didn't feel that she should end up with Gale or Peeta and thought that Katniss should have died in the end, I think that to often a author gets to involved with their characters and then has to find a happy ever after for all involved. The problem is that in this story I don't think there is a happy ever after. The capital is defeated and their districts now have to find a way to live after all the crap that has been their life up til now, all those kids that died through out the years, their everyday way of life is forever altered and yes I think for the better. I however think that Katniss went against the law in yes the only act that she thought trough for herself but should have had a rightful punishment. Yes if I was a teenager I might have been happy with the ending but I was left feeling unsatisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment