Wednesday, March 5, 2008

At a lump but moving on

 
So I know this is not a great picture but I need to blog this in to give me another reminder to keep going to my final weight that I really need to reach. I have 17 pounds to go to goal if I could loss more then that it would be ideal but even if I can get down the 17 I know I will feel better. I have been cheating, hence the no weight gain. At least there isn't a weight gain but still I am moving no where and spring is coming and soon summer who wants to be stuck with so much ahead!!! I am also starting a walking program( lame I know but it is about the only thing I can do tha won't make my joints cry out in agony, so off I go to buy good walking shoes. All the experts say you should change your shoes every 500 miles. I have a long way to go but I now have my ipod all full with tunes so that should help. It is -35 with the wind chill here today but I am determined to make it outside to day and start or I never will. My girlfriend also told to start lifting weight so I am looking into programs that my old body will be able to handle.

And now for the most exciting news James and I booked ourselves a cruise with four other couples that we know. We leave in Novemeber and we're going to the Caribbean. I am super excited!!! Knowing people on the boat I think will make the trip ten times better we can all do our own thing but also do group activities. Spencer's pre school teacher has gone so she is telling all the highlights to look for and getting me tour info when we make our ports. James parents are coming to stay with our kids. I am alittle weary about that I know that they will love the kids so can I really ask for anything else? Besides what I don't know wont hurt me and the kids are excited to have them bonus right there!! It is nice to have family right here to help us out with stuff like this it takes a hugh weight off my shoulders and with out the help we most likely wouldn't be going. So here is to family of all sorts!!!!

I have to go so I can get my shoes for I can get out there and walk wish me luck
ttfn
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Have you ever looked into water aerobics? It is very good for people with joint troubles etc.. You have to find a pool that isn't too cold though or your arthritis will give you troubles. I used to teach a water arthritis class, and now teach regular water classes, you should look into it... it is well worth the $$ if that is the only high intensity work out that your body can handle. Let me know if you have any questions. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fab!!! Way to go Trisha,and let me just say BRING ON THE CRUISE!!!! By the time we leave you are going to look HOT!! It will be sooooo much fun. I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucky dog going on a cruise. By the way you are looking so great. Keep it up sister you are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Tricia! I admire your "sticktoitiveness" You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you want to do some resistant training you should just pick up some of those resistant bands. They are cheap and can do a ton of different things and I think they are a little easier on ya. Keep on going! You're my hero....if I do any exercise I'm starving the next day and super tired...must be the breastfeeeding!

    ReplyDelete