Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Ace Burpee

Well I have been waking up to the Ace Burpee show on the radio for the past couple of weeks and he is very refreshing. This morning he was talking about the provincial election, and how a growing concern is keeping the young people here in Manitoba. His thoughts on the matter were how we need to concerned about keeping all age people here in Manitoba. I agree, not just because I am like many want to leave. But it made me think of the reasons I want to go.

1 The mosquito's I can't stand them and they are everywhere.
2 The long cold winters, however my kids love them
3 the church is pretty small here, but so far this summer we have three families moving into Island Lakes alone. Great for me since this my home.
4 For some reason I have join the band wagon that the grass is greener on the other side. Do I really believe this statement? I'm just not so sure.

Now there are many great things here, the beaches are wonderful, cabin country is beautiful and there are many different places to choose from. It is pretty cheap to live here and you can have a whole lot of house for your buck. I love the area of the city that I'm in I have lots of friends and so do my kids. My family is here and I think my parents need me. I don't know people do go through a lot just to leave and there are many great things here. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I just need to be happy where I'm planted and let the lord take care of the rest. If we move to Montreal or stay here is up the Lord although it is hard to just put my life in his hands I understand that is what I need to do. Sorry for the blubbering but Ace Burpee really made me think about Manitoba a little bit different and I'm glad he did.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it is difficult being satisfied with everything in life. I have always had a bit of a need to wander and wonder if life is greener elsewhere. It does sound like MB does have some great things for you guys! And yes, you can't beat the affordability of housing there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are all kinds of great things about MB!
    There are lots of things we miss, WE miss our WArd!
    WE miss going to Assiniboine Park, with our Friends!
    We liked how close Fargo & Grand Forks was!
    THe BDI!
    Baked Expectations!
    The affordability of everything, although we didn't really appreciate it when we were there. (we are paying $1.25 a liter for gas now!!) We really enjoyed our time there, If we had family there(well more than the Courts) We probibly wouldn't have left! It is the one thing we miss, is not being around family!
    It doesn't actually matter where you live, but what you make of it! I never thought I would be happy in Manitoba, but We really enjoyed our almost 7 years there!!!

    ReplyDelete