Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My catch up of December 2010




Well I am not to sure where Dec. went, I am sitting here at my table making a recount of the happening in our house. The kids were all super excited this year for Christmas, we decided to make a trip out to Winnipeg to be with family. So not to much baking happened, I did make it out to dip chocolates with Ang and her mom which is ALWAYS fun, we were busy in the kitchen making yummy chocolates, the kids were busy playing in the snow and in the basement, for all the work it went by really fast, however when my head hit the pillow that night I was out SUPER fast.
Alina is in her school choir which did a special performance for the soup kitchen, I would have to say this was by far my favorite activity we did as a family. There was such a peace as we heard all the west side schools come together and sing songs of Christmas and the birth of our savior. I then went out with the girls for a get together before we all got super busy with families. I love that I have such a great group of girls that I know have my back and care about me and I care about them.
we then headed out east to Winterpeg to spend time with family and loved ones. It was nice to see the kids enjoy this break from life and just be kids although someone was always sick the whole time we were there. they were excited to come home and go back to school although there were tears on ride back home.
For Christmas James bought me my 50mm lens for my camera and I am in love. I love to just play around and some times I am shocked at how the pictures turn out. For every 20 bad or not so good pictures there is one that looks great and that seems to be enough for me to want to keep going so that I can be a pro one day.
My parents gave us $1000.00 dollars for Christmas this year, so I spent the week after Christmas researching Janome sewing machines and on this past Tuesday I went out and got myself the Janome 5200... It is a dream machine, I love having hobbies, now I have another manual to read and a new beautiful machine to master and have creating with.
Yes over all I would think that I was extremely spoiled this year. But I loved it. I will make a post for my beautiful machine all on it own after I take some pictures of it with my fancy new lens. So much to accomplish I guess I know what my focus will be in the coming new year. What are your goals for 2011??

1 comment:

  1. I looove my 50mm lens too! Do you have the 1.4 or 1.2? if it's the 1.2 I'm a little jealous! hahaha! Love it for shooting indoors without using flash, just dial down that aperture and let the good times roll!

    ReplyDelete