Thursday, January 27, 2011

Topiary Balls




As january is fastly coming to the end I find that I have been in the mood for some love. There are so many super cute crafts out there for Valentine's day and I feel the need to try and make as many as I can. So here are the first three projects, when I am finished all of them I will show you the final look. If you are a crafter and would like to make any of the above pictures I found all of the tutorials from www.ucreate.com The felt rose ball is made with a 5 inch ball and 12 sheets of felt(I got all of my felt from micheals I liked it the best) I got the Styrofoam from our local dollar store and they were $1.50 compared to around $6.00 from Micheals. The pillow is made for a 18 inch pillow and the tutorial is very easy to follow and super cute finished. Finally the Streamer rose is made from cutting 24 inch piece of streamer you then fold down 1/3 from the top length wise and then roll it up tight and then loosely to achieve your desired look. I have used up one whole package of streamers and so I am off to get more, I think it will take about three packages to cover my ball and from our local dollar store you get two packages for $1.00 so each ball will cost me $3.00 to make. Super cute and super cheap. Get your self all comfy in front of a movie or a couple of t.v. shows and start rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment