Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Have You Seen This Boy???


Yesterday when Alina and Spencer came home from school they told us that Greg wasn't on the bus nor was he ever on the bus. PURE PANIC rushed through my body and I jumped into the car and headed over to the school right away. Sure enough Greg was not at the school..............not at home and no one had seen him. I turn into a crying baby and just keep saying but where could he have gone.......it's to far to walk home. I call my friend and ask her to drive around and see if she can find him.........nothing. We search the school and grounds......nothing. I get a bunch of the teachers into their cars....Once he has been missing for a hour the police have to be called because he went missing from school. When I think I am about to be sick this nice lady comes up to me and said I think I have your son in my car. I'm crying holding on to him forget to ask who she is, call everyone to stop the search and head home.
I ask Greg to explain what happened....he forgot to switch shoes ran back into the school missed the bus and thought he might get into trouble he decided to walk home but at the end of the lake took a wrong turn and ended up a little lost. He went to a gas station and asked to use the phone they turned him away and he started going house to house until he found someone home who was nice enough to bring him back to the school to a frantic mother. Needless to say we were both happy to have each other. When we got home the whole neighbourhood was out looking for him kids riding their bikes around parents driving around all for my son. In times like this you really do feel loved but I just wanted to get him inside and curl up for the night. We have since had a talk about the right procedure for all my kids to use if they miss the bus....

6 comments:

  1. Trisha I am happy to hear all turned out well. Having a child go missing can be one of the worst things that can happen. I had that happen when my youngest was 2.5 yrs and was learning to talk. I to called my best friend who came running down the street half naked because she was having a bath. We did find Ben 15 minutes later at the corner store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that gave me chills! I'm glad he's home and okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH BOY!! This story brought tears to my eyes. I can't even imagine the panic that went through you. Uh, Why do they do these things to us? SO glad he is home and safe and un harmed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! How terrifying! I am so glad he was safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word scariness. Glad that he is home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every mother's worst fear! So glad it turned out so well AND that so many people rushed out to help and find that boy!!!THANK YOU to the nice unknown lady who helped bring him back, did you ever find out who she was??

    ReplyDelete