Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I Still Hate the COLD!!!!!!!Renamed for Anne But I'm trying to think happy thoughts

And so the crappy weather continues on we are in for a cold winter we have been fighting against wind chills that drop temps to -40 to -45. what to do but curl up in a blanket with ht apple cider and read a book.....or watch so t.v........or a movie.......or my favorite sleep..... I think that hibernation is not just for the bears but me too. I think I would do quite well to not wake up until spring when everything is fresh and new. I can't believe that Christmas is a week away, I always have everything done by the end of Nov. but this year I am way behind I still have presents that need to be bought. Arghhh I hate shopping in Dec. I think I might even say that there is a little humbug in me. Anyway my fingers are blue which means I need to curl up in my blanket again!!!

5 comments:

  1. I was going to write you a nice correction letting you know that Christmas is not 1 week away, but two.

    I let out a little scream when I discovered it was indeed a week away. I guess I'm going out Christmas shopping tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing about the cold is the excuse to stay inside and sip Hot Chocolate! but that is the only thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can honestly say I do not miss Winnipeg in December, or November, or January, of Feb. or March! Haha! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay... I've been thinking about your post.. and as an Ex Manitobain(is that a word??) Any how. These are the things I miss:

    1) The people. There is no one more friendlier than Manitoba People.
    2) I miss Dalhousie Ward. Seriously. It's the best
    3) My friends- the best!!
    4) BDI- the best!
    5) traffic, way easy to get around. Okay it has it's moments, but really, its a mere inconvience.
    6)playing in the snow, who knew that snow was like clean playdough. (in my mind it makes sense!)
    7)did I mention the people???

    Anyway you should rename your post you hate the cold... I am surprised to hear myself say this, but I miss Winnipeg!!! I won't say I love it, but I definately don't hate it!!! I'm sure that doesn't help, but you should focus on the opening of the BDI in the spring... anymore useless motivation, you know where I can be found!!! Love YA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's cold here in Iowa, but not Winnipeg cold... I don't know how I ever lived there. Sending you warm Christmas wishes.

    ReplyDelete