Thursday, May 22, 2008

A little of this and that

So as most of the world knows we are home bodies, don't really go anywhere all summer. My kids favorite holiday to count is the trip out to Magrath Alberta to visit our dear friends who really live here in winnipeg but venture home every summer. Fun for them sad for us. So this year I decided to make the summer more just just another summer we bought ourselves one of those above ground pools. We are now waiting for the dead heat to hit so we can spash adn play in it all summer. I also sign my son up for tackle football yes you read that right. Greg has been dying to play so I went for it this summer. I even had to pay insurance on him incase of ingury. Now really how can an eight year old team get hurt well let me tell you. Greg is a whopping 55 pounds and quite a few of the players weighted in at 95 or higher. That is crazy!!!! My husband is only 127 maybe socking wet.... My poor son has no hope being a big man. He can run fast so all I tell him is when football starts run like the wind then no one will be able to tackle him down.
We also had quite the little laugh we have a mail box that requires a key to get in, well we lost both keys. At first I thought it will show up well no go so I had to get the post office to change the locks and issue us new keys!!!! Just to get the mail!!! That is crazy what happen to the good old days when the mail man came to your house bringing letters of joy? So tonight I get to go get a weeks worht of mail beside that fact that I have to prove who I am and that I do infact live at the stated address. At least I know no one can get my mail right?
Lastly I have been called as the music leader in primary I did this about eight years ago so it is not new to me however if anyone out there has any good tricks that I could use send them my way. I could use a couple new things to make it fun for the kidlets. We are doing the music with sharing time but any suggestions I would love. ttfn

4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the music leader calling! I think this is one of the best callings in the church. After all, who doesn't like the singing lady? You let them be loud and play games and sing!! There are so many cool websites with great singing time ideas. One of my favorite sites is sugardoodle.net and primarytogo.com has all the songs with words and pics in pdf files. No more searching for pictures and making your own... she does a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could sing, I would love to do music too. :-) Good luck to Greg with football.. Maybe he'll be the star running back. (is that what its called??? I have no idea.) My kids have no chance of being "big" either. Oh well. Maybe gymnastics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pool sounds like a blast. Maybe your kids won't even want to go to Magrath you will be the coolest house on the block.
    Uhm primary music is my most fav calling ever. Enjoy it.
    There are some great websites if you google lds primary music that I found super helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congradulations on your new calling. I guess this means you won't be teaching Sunday School to the youth.
    Primary music I think is where it all starts. Lane is i nursery and I am trying to teach him some songs, of course his favorite is Popcorn Popping.
    Carolyne-Niverville

    ReplyDelete