Monday, June 30, 2008

summer is finally here

So here we are on the first day of summer holidays, and yes no daycare kids until Wednesday. We have just hung around the house mowed the grass and then went for a swim in the pool. Then the kids wanted Slurpee's so we went and got some of those, Alina has lost her two front teeth so had ten dollars burning a hole in her pocket that she just had to spend, so went to the zellers and went to the toy section and she bought herself a bratz baby and animal toy thing. I will never understand the need to have something just to have something. I kept telling her if she saved it she could buy something bigger later, but that seems to far away for her. Tonight James is going to start building the boys bedroom in the basement.Greg is growing up to fast for me and want to have his own space which I understand. Spencer we move down there with him but no more bunk beds. The room is quite large so they will each have half a room to themselves. James and I leave for his brothers wedding on the weekend but it will be nice to have alone time with each other as we drive to Regina and back, then daycare will start back up until the end of July and then I booked the month of August off so holiday here we come it's not to far away. I have put myself back on a exercise and diet to lose the weight that has been bugging me as well as the ten pounds I put on well sending Angela off to start her new life in Alberta. I guess that is all for now ttfn

4 comments:

  1. you guys are always so busy building and planning. :-) Sounds like August is going to get really good. So sorry to hear about your friends moving, that really sucks. I choose to blame my extra 10 lbs on Angela too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to survive being so busy Tricia! You're house is going to look completely different than the last time I was there. Are you spending all of your time off in Alberta? If not, we should make a play date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boys will love having a room in the basement so much fun. Good luck with the renos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. swimming... slurpees... and Zellers sounds like a perfect summer day to me!! What are you guys doing for your holidays in August??!! There can't be anything more for you to build on your house, you going to need a new house soon!

    ReplyDelete