Monday, July 9, 2007

Closing the door of an event in our life.

So I woke up this morning got a phone call that two of my kids aren't coming because their mom is sick, ( which less is best) feed my kids breakfast and then turned on my computer to check in on everyone. Stopped off in my email and came to the shock of my life for five years my husband worked for this company called D.P.M.G. in which time we were treated great. Great wage, new cars, hugh bonuses through out the year, and best of all free trips for our family. It was the life. Then about 11/2 years ago James wasn't happy any more and not liking work so much, Promises weren't kept and Craig James boss wasn't so nice anymore said things that left us wondering what other opportunities were out there for us to try. So James started his own company(scary) and found another great contract company to work with and quit his job. The stress I went through not so great, but I thought I just need to trust James and what he wants to do. Which everything is going great. No we don't make the money we once did, no we don't get hugh presents and no family trips but James is again happy. His bussiness partner lives out in beautiful Montreal hence the thoughts of us going there someday. Who knows maybe I'll die here in winnipeg. Anyway nack to the email today. I get one from Craig the old boss who was a dear friend of mine. Anyway he has just announced the closing of the doors of D.P.M.G in Winnipeg. Goose bumps ran up and down my body as I read this and I was yet so greatful for my husband and his wisdom in our journey away from this company. We have many wonderful memories that I will always have but the greater lesson is that James and I are a team and we have so far stuck together through some tough dissions in our lives and how greatful I am that we are not now trying to get everything to fall into place for us. A very werid but great lesson for me to realize what I have in my life.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you guys, that you so obviously have figured out in your marriage what works for you, and that you are that concerned about each other's welfare. It is a leap of faith to take the happiness route over the big cash one! I think it's often amazing that what we at first think of as a trial can really turn out to be a huge blessing. You never know, maybe James' decision was a prompting that it was a time to leave for more than one reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It never seems to amaze me as to haw the lord knows where we need to be in our lifes at certain time. Sometimes we get a huge hit on the head in order for us to change directions. Its this journey through life wonderful? I am glad I signed up, even for the unknown things.

    Carolyne
    PS.
    Thanks for teaching my sunday school class when I can't be there.
    Your an angel with wings, Trica

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post, isn't hind sight always 20/20? I love how the spirt guides us to do what is best for our families. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete