Monday, April 7, 2008

What can I say?


This past weekend was conference, and I can honestly tell you all that it was just amazing to me. I love it normally don't get me wrong but it was so powerful and I felt that the twelve apostles have a bond that is just unbreakable. We played around with the t.v. and figured out how to transfer the picture to our t.v. (they have such nice t.v. out there now but I love my beast) we have a 45 inch so the picture was Hugh and the kids would come sit and watch a bit and then play with toys and then come and sit and watch some more. Greg couldn't wait for the prophet to speak. He kept asking me why I love President Monson so much? I just do, I have waited my whole life for him to be the prophet. Another side note Spencer thinks that his name is Thomas Spencer S Monson I can't get him to omit the S oh well he loves that his name is everywhere. He got all excited when ever Richard was said as well. Silly kid!

Yesterday afternoon when I was making lunch, I was heating oil on the stove, James came over and told me that it was too hot so he reached in the freezer and pulled out the ice cube tray (dud) put it in the pot with the HOT oil and it started splatting everywhere I have a small burn on my arm. Our alarm for the house is hooked up with the fire station so you guessed it, the alarm went and before we could prevent them from coming we had two fire trucks at our house about 15 Min's from the time it started, pretty good now we know if there is a real need for them to come. Anyway they had to come in to the house and check it out before leaving I couldn't face them but did try to find my camera to take a picture really does this type of thing really happen to normal people? Have no fear I couldn't find the camera. All my neighbours have been asking what happened so now I'm the talk of the street BEWARE WHEN TRICIA IS COOKING.... When that was all done with we watched the last session of conference and all was well.

4 comments:

  1. Ice in hot oil?????? Yeah, that wasn't Tricia cooking...... I would vote to keep the hubby out of your kitchen, unless of course he is building you something, then he can come in. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. Your kids must have loved the excitement. Life is such an adventure at the Northcott house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just think, everytime conference comes around for forever you can relive the time the fire dept came to your house. Glad all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How to bring in the calvary!!! You must be special to be wired right up to the firestation!! That's amazing. Glad no one was hurt seriously(except for your small burns of course!)

    ReplyDelete