Friday, April 18, 2008

VOLES


So now that the snow has melted and we can offically start spring winnipeg now has another problem! Have any of you seen these? They may look cute but they are destroying my backyard and eating all my perannials. At first I thought it was the kids, but then I saw one scurrying across the yard. The problem is that we can't get rid of them mouse bait although they some what look the same doesn't work. they like grass roots and seeds of all kinds. I looked them up on the internet and they said that fox pee is the best thing to put around to get rid of them...... Ummmm where am I suppose to come up with fox pee to rid my yard of these pest? I think it is time to get myself a shotgun and have a little bit of fun. They are lucky for one thing I am scared to death of them so if I see too amny okay if I see one I scream and make all the kids go to the front yard. Two the back still is a little to wet for them to come power rake for me. Greg and his little friend decided to hunt them yesterday so I thopught go right ahead however they got one and then pounded it's head in so then I had blood all over the rocks under my deck. I think that was worse then them running around. Greg was so upset over it when he was done that it took me a hour to calm him down. The scream before the poor thing gave up the ghost I think will haunt him for a little bit. I still can't believe that he killed it in the first place. So now they have Greg on their side of saving them and wanting to make their home as comfortable as possible. Is he crazy if I even say posion he yells at me. Boys what do you do with them I don't know. So wish me luck I am hoping with our neighbours to rid ourselves of them in the next week I'll keep you posted of our progress.

3 comments:

  1. http://www.provenrepellents.com/products.php?catID=12

    There's some fox pee for you! Some poor poor poor woman likely works with her husband on their fox farm where they collect the stuff, so 12 bucks isn't too bad if you consider her life! :-) I am sorry that you have these little vermin and even more sorry that your poor son has been traumatized in the process. GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a bummer. I understand they can really wreak havoc in your yard. Good luck with that... Have you lived in this house long? If so, I wonder why they chose your house this year. New yummy plants?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck that does not sound like fun.
    Good luck finding the fox pee.

    ReplyDelete