Saturday, January 5, 2008

The new main floor



So here is what James has been up to over Christmas break. If you ask our kids it wasn't the greatest holiday, but if you see my new kitchen you'll just love it. I have wanted to change it for quite some time now and we found my floor on sell so we went for it. Here is the story I wanted to knock out the wall and make my main floor a great room so James had to rewire the main floor, knock out the wall, redo the ducting, tear out the pantry and rebuild it, put in the over the range microwave, tear out the sub floor in the kitchen tear out the staples that were holding the sub floor down, put in the laminate floor, repaint the base boards and all in a week and a half. We are not quite done he still need to put in new lights and do the stairs and finish the mud and taping, and some where down the road put in the new island. What can I say boy do I love my man and all the hard work he has done. Can you say that I'm spoiled?

4 comments:

  1. HOLY COW!!!! You are not aloud to complain one word about that man for a whole YEAR!!! Not one word........ not even a little hufff...... I can't believe that he can do all that, and do it alone! WOW! Your floor is BEAUTIFUL! How super exciting. The kids will have a tree again in 11 months (put it up super early for them) and it will be on that beautiful floor. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you guys are such go getters! I'm impressed! Go James!! It's taken us four months to do our entry way (paint, new trim and light fixtures) so I am astounded at what you did in a week and a half. Wow!!! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why are there so many pictures of Jame's Butt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can I say During reno time this was the only angle I saw of him. Lucky Lucky Me

    ReplyDelete