Tuesday, September 4, 2007

 

 

Here is the results of 60 pounds of peaches and 45 pounds of pears and James. Some husbands like to play on the computer, some like to golf, mine likes to can fruit? What is wrong with this picture? I went to a girls night over at Heather's house where we learned to cann. Well it was fun but the peaches weren't ripe so I brought a box home for James and I to do......he went out and brought home another two boxes and all the pears. So after two late nights a sticky floor and messy kitchen( men can not keep the kitchen clean and be in there cooking at the same time) we have food storage so all these lessons and talks about food storage I'm finally listening. When we were finished i decided that I didn't like how my pantry looked or how it stored my food so project here we go James had to move shelves around and put wood over all the wire shelves because who stores things on wire shelving? Well not me anymore yehh!! Thanks to a wonderful man who spoils me rotten.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Your canning looks so pretty on the shelf. That is my favorite thing about canning, you get to gloat over it for more than 5 secs. Meals aways get eaten, dishes always get dirty, Clean floors always get food spilt on them, bathrooms always have pee on the seat, laudry never stays folded, but canning make it through the winter. Enjoy!!!

    Is James for hire?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother is a pretty great catch, isn't he?!
    :)
    Brings back memories of my childhood summers spent canning (well, I thought I was doing a lot of work, but we all know who really was!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly beautiful, I second Angela. You could make some good coin putting James to work for others, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is amazing! It reminds me of our childhood. There was always a cold storage room full of peaches from Peach Orchard YUM!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you want to come to my house and organize my pantry too? and bring along some of that canning!! come on- Alberta isn't that far away!

    ReplyDelete