Tuesday, June 12, 2007

What a weekend....

This past weekend was our womens conferance, which Sheri Dew and Wendy Nelson came and talked to us. It was a much needed spiritual recharge that I heeded. I find that some times I have too much on the brain and becuse of it I don't seem to be going anywhere. Well they talked about everything that I needed. I really liked the part that some times we need to just back up and then keep going. Sometimes when I'm in the middle of making a mistake it hard to see the big picture I love the thought of stopping and backing up seeing what I need to see, make the changes and then keep going. They brought home many simple things to me,
On sunday I got phone call after church that I need to go to the hospital because they were coming to visit my mom, no one was able to contact her and give her a heads up. What an amazing way to spend the afternoon and get tot visit them. Not just hear them but have a conversion and have them ask me questions. I realize that the visit was for my mom so I tried to sit in the corner and leave it for her to carry on the conversation. They had us all in tears, with the whole experince. Beside the fact that they made my mom feel like a million dollars, again so grateful for the spiritual weekend that I got to be a part of, the Lord really knows what we need and I think I just got it slapped in the face. I guess we all need help sometimes to get out the whirwind of our lifes and let the Lord back in his rightful spot.

3 comments:

  1. Tricia,
    totally know what you mean about being recharged by the talks that these 2 wonderful sisters gave on Saturday. Me, well I could have listened to them all day. The spirit felt that day left me walking on cloud 9 all weekend long. Of course Monday arrived to soon and reality checked in. That must have been wonderful being a fly on the wall when Sister Nelson and Sister Dew went to see your mother.

    Carolyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Dew and Sister Nelson were here in our stake in March, and I too loved the experience we were given. I felt so pumped about my role as a mother and the opportunities I have because I have been blessed with the gospel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special experence. How wonderful for you to be able to be present for the visit with your mom. How is she doing? I totally understand the lift that you get from a meeting like that. I could use one at least once a month. They seem to be too few and far between. I was really sad when they started making the General RS meeting only once a year. :-(

    ReplyDelete